The Dark Triad
“The Dark Triad is a personality inventory that explores the socially undesirable traits of Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy. The Dark Triad test is often used by police and the courts, in psychiatric wards and evaluations, and even in big corporations.
Studies have shown that people who score high on the Dark Triad are more likely to commit crimes or get in trouble with the law and also more likely to cause social distress among their friends or problems for their workplace.
On the other hand, studies have also shown that Dark Triad individuals are often perceived as possessing leadership qualities and that they have high social status and comparative ease finding desirable sex partners.
Example of Question 1*of 36:
I fantasize about extraordinary prestige or status.
Go here to complete the rest of the test.
“The three socially dark characteristics of Machiavellianism, Narcissism, and Psychopathy are often conceptualized as three interrelated traits known collectively as the Dark Triad.
This test aims to measure the respondent’s Dark Triad traits according to brief and easy-to-answer test items that nevertheless provide an accurate measure for the individual’s Dark Triad traits.
Numerous peer-reviewed studies were analyzed and used to determine the structure of this test, as well as the benchmarks and population averages used. Together, these studies inform the theoretical and methodical background of the CT-DT3©, yielding dependable and substantial measures of the Dark Triad traits.
Although both are designed to measure Dark Triad traits, the CT-DT3© should not be confused with the SD3©, as authored by Daniel N. Jones and Delroy L. Paulhus. However, both are professionally-designed personality tests (or inventories) meant for measuring traits pertaining to the dark personality triad of Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy.
[… ]The authors of this online personality test are certified in the use of multiple personality tests and have worked professionally with typology and personality testing.
The results of our online Dark Triad personality test are provided for educational purposes only, solely “as-is,” and should not be construed as providing professional or certified advice of any kind. For more on our online personality test, please consult our Terms of Service.”
“Why Use This Dark Triad Test?
1. High validity and reliability. There is good scientific evidence that the three Dark Triad traits are solid as constructs and that the Dark Triad framework should be admitted into the mainstay of scientific personality testing.
2. Free. This online personality test is delivered to you free of charge and will allow you to obtain your scores on all three Dark Triad traits.
3. Benchmarked to population averages. While there are other Dark Triad personality tests in existence, ours is one of the few to link the respondent’s Dark Triad scores to a benchmark of population averages, as determined by peer-reviewed personality studies.
4. Statistical controls. Test scores are logged into an anonymized database. Statistical analysis of the test is conducted to ensure maximum accuracy and validity of the test scores.
5. Made by professionals. The authors of this free online personality test are certified in the use of different personality tests and have worked professionally with personality typology and personality testing.”
Again, let me know your thoughts about the test…and how you score if you actually take it.
This test is also available in the following languages:
*The CT-DT3© is not the equivalent of the SD3© (Short Dark Triad).The CT-DT3© is the property of IDR Labs International. The SD3© is the property of Daniel N. Jones, Delroy L. Paulhus, and the ‘Assessment’ Journal, as published by Sage, which focuses on articles advancing clinical assessment science and practice.